Probate Attorney Denver


Probate Attorney Denver

Heir And Beneficiary Rights

During the probate or trust administration processes, it is vital for heirs and beneficiaries to know and protect their legal rights. Your rights to property and assets will vary depending on how you are related to the deceased and whether you are named in the will or trust document. If the person died without a will, there may be additional complications for heirs while the estate is being settled according to Colorado laws.

Strong Legal Guidance Throughout Probate Or Trust Administration

At Tolison & Williams, Attorneys at Law, LLC, I assist with a wide range of probate and trust administration matters, including heir and beneficiary rights. I, an estate planning and probate lawyer, have the skill and knowledge to provide the legal guidance you need throughout the legal process. I will advise you on your legal rights regarding the following:

  • Access to information in estate planning documents
  • Interpretation of estate planning documents, or heirship laws if there is no will
  • Distribution of assets
  • Participation in the probate
  • Will contests
  • Breach of fiduciary duty claims against trustees or personal representatives
  • Potential undue influence claims

Helping You Understand And Advocate For Your Rights

An heir is an individual who is designated to receive assets during probate if there is no will. If there is a will, trust or other documentation, an individual who is entitled to receive assets is referred to as a beneficiary.

Whether you are an heir according to the laws, a beneficiary named in testamentary documents or feel that you should have been an heir/beneficiary, I can help. I will take the time to listen to your unique situation and advise you of your rights. And, if you need further representation, I can advocate for you throughout the legal processes.

Contact a North Denver Attorneys

For advice and guidance regarding your heir or beneficiary rights, contact me at 303-500-7706 or send an email using the online form.



Want to learn more? We are here to help.